Foreigners in Thailand often behave strangely. Here are some of the things we do:
- We walk through streets barefoot even though we can afford shoes.
- We are fond of large tattoos on our arms and legs.
- Our hair is sometimes uncombed and for some, matted, even though we are not beggars or crazy.
- We wear bikinis on the main street while everyone else is clothed.
- We like to lie on the beach and roast like pieces of toast.
- Sometimes we take most of our clothes off while roasting.
- We expect things to go according to plan and get upset when surprisingly they do not.
- We like images of Buddha as tattoos or on t-shirts.
- We dress up like gypsies with flowing robes.
These things appear perfectly normal when in our natural habitat in the West, but strangely peculiar when we wander further afield.